Anderson's Bookshop is a nationally known independent bookseller with stores in Naperville and Downers Grove. For the past seven years they have held a Children's Literature Breakfast. This year's event will be held on February 20 in Glen Ellyn. Illinois.
Kate was invited again this year to attend as one of the guest authors. 600 people are expected to attend, many of them teachers who get CPDU credits along with the chance to hear some wonderful speakers.
This year's speakers include
- Richard Peck, ("A Season of Gifts")
- Patricia McKissack, ("Clone Codes")
- Pam Allyn, ("What to Read When" and Executive Director of LitLife)
- Jordan Sonnenblick, ("After Ever After") and
- Francoise Mouly, (Artistic Director of New Yorker Magazine; Publisher and Editorial Director of TOON books and Author of The TOON Treasury of Classic Children's Comics).
In addition to the speakers, breakfast and a huge book sale, one of the features of this event is that an author sits at every table. Several times during the morning, the authors play shift down one table so everyone gets to meet and talk to three or four different authors.
If you or someone you know are interested in attending this event -- especially you teachers! -- register as soon as possible as the Kid Lit Breakfast always sells out. For more information, see theAnderson's Bookshop web site.